Do you ever not ice that when you start to want something, or you think about it - you see it everywhere? It's like your senses are on high alert and you can sense or feel that 'thing' you so covet. I am not a real feely-philosophical-new agey type person, however I do see that sometimes the universe is either with your or........not so much. I have been thinking of the things I am thankful for and noticing that everyone is doing the same, I must be in good company.
This week has been a trying week to say the least, I had to have some tests and procedures. I don't know the results yet so I am trying not to freak out about it, (but uh, well you know I tend to over-react and all) hopefully everything will be fine. One of my favorite quotes of all time is, "Worrying is like paying on a debt on a loan you don't have", I know it is something like that - so true.
So, with the week I had and the month it IS and the whole Thanksgiving thingie coming up I would like to list some things that I am thankful for:
1. My children, I am forever in awe of their ability to make me laugh, to inspire me and to make me so very proud, I love them more than life itself. I am not so thankful for the fits, the crying, the naughty words spoken, the fighting and the constant whinning...but I digress I am SO thankful for them!
2. My husband, he is my biggest cheerleader, he is always there for me and I can not imagine sharing my life with anyone else. Even if he does leave his size 13 shoes out in the middle of our room so that I might tend to trip over them on my fifth trip to the bathroom.......no not so thankful for that.
3. My extended family, I have a great support system and they help me through thick and thin - I would not be the person I am today with out them. I am thankful for them keeping me grounded, and you know doing things like teasing me, dressing like me and making fun of me on a regular basis - yep, so thankful.
4. My friends, I love my friends - my new ones, my old ones, my business friends, my mommy friends, my single friends - all of them. They make me laugh, they share in my successes and my not so ah........the shitty times, okay they are there then. Who else would listen to me bitch over and over and agree with me?
5. My business - I love my business, I love what I do. I am so thankful that I am able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it and that people buy it. Spending my days creating, painting and making products for children - amazing. My days are long but the years have been short.
6. My employees that I work with - I am nothing without them. Their dedication, their commitment and their sheer will to do what has to be done is humbling to me at times. I no longer take my frustration out on them like I used to - this grasshopper has learned well...
7. My life & health- I have a great life and I enjoy every minute of it. My problems are minimal compared to others and for the time being we are all happy and healthy. Not so sure what the future will bring but today I am healthy dammit!
8. My dog - I have a great dog that knows when I am upset, she does I swear. She is happy to see me all the time, she follows me around the house and she never asks for anything in return.
9. My talent - I am thankful for it. Don't get me wrong I have worked my ass off for it, and I continue to "work-it" but I am thankful I can draw and paint and create, I honestly do not know what I would do if I was bad at it. Oh wait, I would just boss others around a make them create what I had in my head, ya that is probably it :(.
10. You - I am thankful for the readers of this blog. I remember when I started it I could not find a voice, I could not think of what to write and oh hell I could not figure out the HTML thing at all. I am so thankful for everyone that reads it now and comments on it. I never knew that so many people cared about what I had to say , whether they agreed or disagreed. I am thankful for the comments, the new readers, the personal emails, and the ability to help others that run their own business. Now if someone would just send this blog to Oprah - life would be perfect!