October 22, 2007.
I am not even sure how it happened, but I stumbled upon a wonderful magical place on the Internet. I was frolicking along, minding my own business....oh wait I was probably doing one these things actually:
- Trolling around trying to find a good Entrepreneurial Blog to read
- Looking for a humorous "Mom" blogs, so that I could laugh a little, or a whole lot
- Catching up on the latest trends, finding out what is "HOT" for next year
- Goofing off at work....wait NO that was NOT it, I swear I was doing r-e-s-e-a-r-c-h
As I have stated in the past if I can talk with other artisans and designers, then I am a happy camper. Better yet, if I give some snippet or nugget of advice that actually helps another - high five to me, or you. So I am very happy to tell you all about this wonderful place:
Did ya catch that "ONLY" part.....hee hee I was almost giddy when I saw that. I could not wait to join, share my stories, read others stories - and have it be soooo relevant to my industry.
The site states:
A private forum has been created just for designers! We know that you need a special place to share ideas, celebrate, and ask questions from your fellow successful maternity/baby/toddler designers.
* Only designers are permitted
* You must design Maternity, Infant, and or Toddler goods
* You must complete the application at the link below and include your website to be approved
* You must have your user name be your company name
* Applicants who do not follow these simple rules will be deleted
I have only used the site for about a week, but it has great post and great topics. The topics range from Industry News, Introductions, Publicity & Marketing to Suppliers Information. It is a place where designers can share ideas, ask questions and know they are ONLY speaking with other designers. Oh, did I forget to mention - sales representatives, boutique owners, and publicists need not apply, only us peeps who make our own products.
So, please join the fun, sign up, tune in - drop out - oh heck what is that saying? I would love to have an open forum for discussing industry topics....you know kind of like THIS blog!