November 5, 2006.
So, I may have written about this before, but it is such an important aspect of being an Mom and an entrepreneur. I would like to say that I am ALWAYS prepared....but I am not:
- Last week we ran out of tiles and had make an emergency order
- For three weeks we have been waiting for one color of ribbon that was back ordered
- We had no batteries for our camera to film my daughter's Halloween Parade
- When our Printer could not use the lay out for our new brochure I had to scramble and back track to get another Printer involved
- When presenting quotes for a new component of our websites I forgot to get two second quotes (Accounting demands three quotes)
- Painting flowers in my daughters NEW room take not one but at least five coats of paint due to the dark coloring of the walls....
- Had to have a clock and two pillows for daughters room shipped over night
- Finished my son's costume hours before a big Halloween Party
However, I am getting very prepared, even over-prepared for a first ever event, gulp, I am going to be interviewed for a local TV show. The film crew is going to film my children's rooms (hence the expedited shipping) and apparently interviewing me about Jamie's Painting & Design.
I am almost prepared (I think) I still have a thousand things to do before the interview but this I have done:
- I have to talked myself while driving about what I think they may ask me <check>
- I had my husband video tape me (oh how painful to watch myself and hear my voice) <check>
- I know the show backwards and forwards (what TIVO is for) <check>
- The rooms are touched up, spiffed, pillows fluffed, vacuumed, adjusted to death <check>
- I have researched the interviewee <check>
- I have asked for advice from other entrepreneurs <check>
- Taken advice from our publicist (bold colors bad, dark colors good) <check>
- And I have started a mantra "s-p-e-a-k s-l-o-w-ly" <check>
And if all else fails I will tell a knock knock joke my son taught me....no I am kidding. I feel pretty confident about the interview, my stomach IS doing sumersaults as I write this though. The last thing a friend said to me when we spoke on the phone last week keeps ringing in my ears, "DO-YOUR-HOMEWORK". <CHECK>